Burgh-Haamstede consists of the villages Burgh and Haamstede and is known of its untouched sandy beaches, dunes and forests. The many biking trails and extensive walking trails offer a rich view on this unique place in Zeeland. Burgh-Haamstede offers many picturesque shops and terraces for a wonderful holiday both for young and old people.
- Beaches of Burgh-Haamstede (17km untouched sandy beaches)
- Protected dune and nature regions the Zeepedunes and Westenschouwen
- Veerse lake
- Grevelingen lake
- Walking (trails)
- Cycling (trails)
- Golf (par 3 course in close distant)
- Various water sports: sailing, windsurfing on the Grevelingen lake or the Veer lake, kitesurfing on the Brouwersdam.
- Historical cities Zierikzee, Middelburg and Veere
- Delta Works: flood barrier and Waterland Neeltje Jans
- Several museums in the immediate vicinity such as the Flood Museum and Terra Maris
Shopping and Food/Dinning
- Many restaurants within walking distance in Westenschouwen and Burgh-Haamstede
- Mussels Neeltje Jans, highly recommended!
- In the summer months there is a market every Wednesday in Renesse
- Several beach pavilions